generated by sloganizer.net

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Video Music Awards!

I have to say that I am utterly disappointed in the MTV Video Music Awards this year. I love Puff Daddy or (Diddy) as he likes to be called now, but the awards were too catered towards the hip hop crown this year. Don't get me wrong, I love Ludacris, Diddy, Snoop, Eminem and 50 Cent, but I also love The Killers, Kelly Clarkson, and Gwen Stafani. I think that "Diddy" dominated the awards show with hip hop a little too much and alienated the rock and pop crowd. It was very disappointing. I hope that next year they will bring it back to New York and cater to all of the genres that MTV usually does.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bay in TN said...

I'm afraid I missed the whole thing. I hate to miss it. You want to be there when Kid Rock debuts or when Beyonce gets dropped from the ceiling. I mean, that stuff just makes me feel so good to be boring and ordinary.

Anyway, it may have been too rap-centric for viewers, but in the long run it sounds like rock and pop musicians walked away with the most awards. Does that make you feel better? Maybe next year will see a return to all things rock!

3:07 PM  
Blogger mesogoofy2 said...

I agree, though I love hip-hop, it should have been more mixed with a bigger variety of music. BTW - I tivo'd the awards and it said Kelly Clarkson was going to perform but I never saw it. I went through the show twice and only saw her accept her awards...wha thappened with that?

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't even watch. I just really can't stand his "I own the world everything I touch turns to gold" attitdue. Which is sad b/c I love my MTV Movie awards.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home