generated by sloganizer.net

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

"Music is my life!"

I love music and always have. Thankfully my Dad always listened to good music when I was a child and it has helped me get through a lot of rough times in my life. Some of my first memories as a child were listening to music with my Dad and dancing in our living room with my parents. I love those memories! I even remember my Dad taking me to see Purple Rain the movie when I was 9 years old. My Mom wasn't very happy because it was rated R, but I still love that movie and I still love Prince too. I feel that Prince is what helped me meet Matt too. When I found out that he had gone to the same Prince concert as me, I had to meet him. When I got older music became an even bigger part of my life. My Step-Dad always reminds me of the time when he tried to ground me from my stereo and I told him that he couldn't because music was my life. I always laugh at that now, but it has been such a wonderful influence in my life. I have always loved a wide variety of music too. I remember my Step-Dad hearing me blaring Harry Connick Jr. When I was 16 and thinking that I had gone crazy. I also remember the time that I bought my first Harry Connick Jr. CD along with a Fugees CD and the lady at the counter thought that I was crazy. She asked me if I realized that The Fugees were rap and I said, uh yea! DUH! Here are some of my favorite songs right now. Some are old and some are new.
  • Bonnie Raitt-If I can't Make you Love Me
  • The Killers-All These Things That I've Done
  • Nine Inch Nails-Every Day is Exactly The Same
  • Mario-Let Me Love You
  • Suzie McNeil (from Rock Star)-Bring It on Home To Me
  • Brian McKnight-Anytime
  • The Gorillaz-Feel Good Inc.


3 Comments:

Blogger Kellie said...

Music is such a big part of my life too, that's why I insist on having music vids in my blog! I just love music, so am glad to find a fellow soul out there, the same way I feel about "music".
Cool story about you and Matt! :)

Kellie

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was also raised surrounded by music constantly. It's amazing how much music has played a part in my life. I hear certain songs and it brings me back to certain memories from my life. Good music is definitely something to treasure. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your favorites list!!

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"music is the art of thinking with sounds"... jules combarieu

not sure who that is, but i *love* the quote.

rock on!!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home