generated by sloganizer.net

Thursday, June 29, 2006

My day from hell...

So I decided that I was going to be really good today and go get my emission test for my car and my car tabs almost a month before they are due. I usually wait until the last minute to get that done, but I thought today would be a good day to just get it done and not have to worry about it.

So I drive down to Auburn to the emissions place and get my test done and the guy hands me the paper that says that I passed. I didn't really think my car wouldn't pass since it is only 12 years old and has 122,000 miles on it. It is still in very good shape. Anyway, while we were driving away, Monica looks at the paper and says to me that the paper says the test was for a Toyota pick-up truck. So I figure it will be easy enough to just go back and get the right paper since they gave me the wrong one. Boy was I wrong!

I go back to the place and tell them what happened and they tell me that I would have to test again. Ok, fine I was in a good mood and it really wasn't too hot outside yet so I was fine with it. Well, the manager of the place who happened to be a lady has to do it and as soon as she starts talking to me all I can smell is her disgusting alcohol breath. It smelled like she went to bar and had a few on her lunch break or something. DISGUSTING! Anyway, she does the test and hands me the paper and says that my car failed! What the hell! How could my car have failed an emissions test? It is a Honda Civic with very low miles!

So as a drive away and start contemplating what to do next, I realize that my car is not accelerating very well. I proceed to get on the highway and realize that it is VERY hard for me to even get up to 60 miles per hour. So I look at the temperature gauge on my car and it was all the way up to the H as in VERY FREAKIN HOT! So I start freaking out. I have never had car problems before and now it was happening to me on a hot day, while I was on the highway with 2 kids in the car with me.

I pull off the on the next exit since I knew that there was a park and ride at that one and pull into the parking lot. So I try calling Matt and he doesn't answer his phone, I call my Mom and she doesn't answer her cell phone, home phone or work phone. What the hell am I going to do? So there we sat in my black car with no air conditioning in 80 something degree weather. My kids are getting thirsty, hungry and downright irritating while I am just stunned, freaked out and downright hotter than hell!

I finally get a hold of Matt who of course works an hour away from where I am so I knew that we would have to sit there until he got there unless my Mom would finally answer one of her phones. After Matt starts driving home, I get a hold of my Mom and she comes to our rescue in about 30 minutes. We sat there for an hour and a half and by the time she showed up we were all very cranky, hot and thirsty. Matt showed up soon after she did and looked in my radiator to find it bone dry. It was leaking a while ago, but he thought that he had fixed it. Apparently not. That is why it was overheating. So we fill it up with water and get it home, but now I realize that when my car is sitting at a stop light idling, it feels like it is misfiring or something. I swear that none of this stuff was happening before I went to that damn emissions place!

Why does this stuff have to happen right when we are about to buy a house? I know that my car will be ok after a new radiator and a tune-up, but I swear that that is the last time I am ever going to get my tabs early! I love my car and I hope it last for at least a couple more years until I get a job and am able to buy a newer one that WILL have air conditioning!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh how horrible, I'm so sorry! I wonder if you can report her to her boss for drinking on the job, perhaps she did something wrong with your car. Would Matt consider switching cars with you for the summer since you have the kids?

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

said anna

11:02 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Yikes! What a nightmare. I'm glad you and the kids are safe.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Ugh! Sounds like an awful time.

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home