generated by sloganizer.net

Friday, June 16, 2006

We sold our house...

It only took less than 5 days and it was gone. :( After rejecting the first offer for less than asking price we got another offer for asking price then the first lady who put in the original offer panicked and offered asking price plus $1,000.00. We thought that would be it until someone else came in and said that they would pay asking price plus no inspection which made Matt really happy because that means we would not have to do anything to "fix" the house at all. Well, the origial lady who put in the offer for $5,000.00 less than asking and then $1,000.00 over sking price hten said that she would pay asking price plus $1,000.00, plus no inspection. So we agreed on that and it was a done deal. She obviously really likes our house a lot, but I still feel kind of bad for her because if she would have just offered full price from the beginning we probably would have accepted that. Oh, well. I am glad that someone loves our house just as much as I do.

Now we need to find a house for us to live in. This has been a very painful thing for me. I do not want to "settle" on just any house because we need to find one, but there is absolutely nothing that I like in the area where we are moving to. They are all either too expensive or in a neighborhood that I don't like. We came close yesterday to finding some brand new houses that we liked, but it turns out that the neighborhood is having flooding and landslide problems which we do not want to have to deal with. I unfortunately got my hopes up to getting a brand new house too. :( How cool would that be? Living in a house that no one else has ever lived in?

We have six weeks until our houses closes so basically that means that we have 6 weeks to get out. :( I hope we find something within that time that we love or else I guess we will be living in an apartment for a while.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen Martakis said...

Congratulations on selling your home. Wow, and to have people "fighting" over it!I hope you are able to find a new house quickly.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

I'm working on it! Grin.

Congratulations on the sale.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home