generated by sloganizer.net

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Gingerbread houses, Christmas trees and cookies...


Riley's gingerbread house

We have had one busy week around here. Last Saturday, December 2nd, we went to Safeway who was having a gingerbread house workshop to make gingerbread houses. We had a ton of fun and the kids each made great houses. Here are some pictures of their houses:

Riley's house


Monica's house
Monica's house


After we made the houses we went to a Christmas tree farm where you can cut your own Christmas tree. We have a tradition of doing this every year because it is so much more fun than going to a regular lot where they are already cut for you. After a lot of searching we finally found an 8 foot Norwegian Fir.







Tonight, the kids and I had a ton of fun making Christmas cookies. I bought a kit which made things a lot easier. I may be good at cooking, but baking is not something I enjoy very much. All you had to do was add water to the mix, roll out the dough and cut the cookies. It also came with frosting and sprinkles so we made a huge mess, but it was well worth it.




Last, but not least, Monica has become quite the photographer. She took these 3 pictures of Riley and I at the Christmas tree farm and they look great. I think I know what I am getting her for Christmas. :)


6 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

Yummmm!

Great pictures. The family looks wonderful.

Congratulations again on your weight loss. You are one sexy woman!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Hillary, that top photo is so, so, so wonderful! It needs to be blown up and framed, I love it that much!

Whoooohoooo on the cookies and the tree. Good job.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Drat, and I forgot to say, I've never made Gingerbread houses. Your kids' are so cute though!

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look completely fabulous! I am hoping to lose about 125 pounds total!

I can't wait for size 12! I am just starting to fit into 16's...so that is even exciting!

Jess

8:26 AM  
Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

great gingerbread houses!!

did you see that your boy has a song nominated for a globe? sweetness!!

3:09 PM  
Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

hey... i tagged you on my blog!!

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home