generated by sloganizer.net

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Weight discrimination...

I have not always been a big girl. I was always "athletic", but not fat. I have been watching all of these shows like entertainment Tonight and Tyra where they wear a fat suit and see how people treat them. Well, I already know. These skinny girls can take off their fat suits and be fine, but I can't.

I have been going to a "regular" gym for almost 2 years now and have experienced a lot of weight discrimination. When I am on an elliptical trainer, people will go on one that is not near me, tonight was the worst. There are only 4 elliptical trainers at my gym with TV's. Well, I had been on mine for 35 minutes, the skinny girl next to me had been on for 45 and the two guys next to her had been on for at least 20 minutes. So this guy walks up behind all of us and checks out our times, he obviously wanted to find out who he thought would be done first so he could get on next. Well who does he put his stuff done next to? Me of course. I guess he figures that since I am the fat girl that I will be getting off my elliptical before anyone else. I wasn't! Not only did it piss me off that he did this, but it made me want to go even longer just to show him that fat girls can work out too. I did my usual 45 minutes and one extra just to make a point since he had gotten on one of the others already. It just makes me mad that people assume that since I am a big girl that I can't work out like the skinny ones. WTH! Sometimes I just want to tell these people to go screw themselves.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how rude of him! You showed him!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home